As governments begin to take steps to relax their “shelter-in-place” orders and businesses are allowed to resume operations, you have big challenges ahead! Throughout this process AlphaStaff has remained committed to providing you with timely information and expert advice to navigate this stressful time. Please join us in an informative session to discuss key issues to consider in returning employees to work and maximizing your PPP loan forgiveness.
Timing and Structure of Returning Employees to work (45 min.)
• Social Distancing
• Preparing the Workplace
• Supplies, PPE
• Policies and Procedures
• Workplace Matters (e.g., job descriptions, visitors, hiring, employment contracts, training, evaluations, etc.)
• Legal Issues
• Other Considerations
Maximizing Forgiveness of your PPP Loan (45 min.).
We will cover the federal small business loan programs and provide guidance to help you identify potential issues you’ll need to address to maximize forgiveness of your PPP loan:
• Current forgiveness rules and process for PPP loans
• How forgiveness considerations may impact your return to the workplace strategy
• Payroll and non-payroll spending proportions
• Sample forgiveness equations
• Considerations for returning your loan and other available avenues for funding
*Presented by: Dena Sokolow, Shareholder, and Jeff Wagner, Shareholder, both with Baker Donelson. Originally presented on May 20, 2020.