Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training for California Managers provides a comprehensive and interactive learning experience that satisfies California AB 1825 requirements but also offers practical, real-world strategies for today’s manager.
The state requires that all managers in California complete two hours of harassment training every other year and that new managers complete the training within six months of hire or promotion. As of January, 2015, California law stipulates that this training now must include information on how to prevent bullying in the workplace. Although managers outside of California are exempt from the requirement, it is highly recommended that any manager responsible for employees working in California also dedicate time to this learning. This will ensure there is a strong understanding of California’s broad protections for workers and provide the steps that a business and a manager can take to reduce their exposure to risk in this area.
Sign up for a basic understanding of California regulations to:
- Understand what comprises harassment
- Understand who can be a victim of harassment
- Be able to identify and address inappropriate behaviors
- Understand what bullying is and how to prevent it
- Know how to avoid illegal conduct
- Know how to manage a harassment-free workplace
- Know how to appropriately respond to a harassment complaint
Presenter: Johanna Lortsher, PHR, a member of AlphaStaff’s Western Region HR team